The single leg RDL is a great functional exercise requiring no equipment and targets the entire lower body with one movement. The Romanian Deadlift is also a great exercise for people with diabetes. Single Leg RDL mimics every day movement; Examples include, bending over to pick up an objective from the floor in a way that protects your back, walking, running and biking.
Single Leg RDL Benefits :
- Dynamic Balance
- Single leg standing endurance – Hamstring and glute activation.
- Hip stability, strengthens the foot and ankle and helps keep sugar levels stable.
- Standing leg should be micro bent at all times
- focus on keeping both hips pivoted down toward floor and even with each other.
- Resist the urge to bend over too much. Stay in a range that allows good form.
- Start with 3 sets of 10 reps on each leg.